Picture yourself marrying your true love in a romantic Victorian mansion — strolling about the lush grounds; dancing in the grand ballroom to soft music; feasting on sumptuous food, surrounded by fragrant blossoms.
Our Wedding Package includes everything you need to create priceless memories of your special day. We know that planning a wedding and reception can be a daunting task for a new couple, so we aim to make your site planning as simple and straightforward as possible. For additional information, see our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall? The Whitlock Inn hosts weddings and receptions throughout the year. During the spring, summer, and early fall months, you might wish to enjoy our gardens for your ceremony. During winter months, you might wish to marry in our spacious ballroom or in front of one of our many fireplaces. We maintain a variety of flowers and plants on our grounds so that some color is in bloom all year long.
Mornings, Afternoons and Evenings Available. We host weddings and receptions in the morning and afternoon as well as the evening. Whether you prefer the morning light, the afternoon sun or candlelight, we would like to help you realize your vision. The hours available are morning 11 am – 3 pm; afternoon, 12 noon – 4 pm; evening, 7 pm – 11 pm. These four-hour blocks allow for both the wedding ceremony and reception, or reception only.
For pricing information, click here.
Flexible Floorplans. Up to 400 wedding guests fit nicely at The Whitlock Inn. We can help you utilize our space for an intimate gathering or a grand social event. Take a virtual tour of The Whitlock Inn.
Wedding & Reception Packages. The Whitlock Inn’s Wedding & Reception Packages are comprehensive packages that include all the elements necessary for a picture perfect wedding and reception:
- Use of the entire main floor of the Inn, including the grand ballroom with dance floor, formal dining room with fireplace and dramatic crystal chandelier, drawing room with piano that you may use, two large parlors with fireplaces and comfortable chairs for guests, and a lovely office with gift table.
- Use of the Inn grounds, front and rear porches with rocking chairs and seasonal greenery.
- Catered food and beverages for your reception. Wedding parties have enjoyed the following menus:
- Tier I:
- Tier II:
- Tier III:
- Tier IV:
- Tier V:
These menus are suggestions to help you plan your special event. The Chef is happy to work with you on the menus to accommodate dietary preferences and restrictions such as gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, and other food allergies.
Menu Add On: Candy Station – A fun option to sweeten your reception.
Your Reception Also Includes:
- A Changing Room, available two hours prior to your event until the end of your event. See Changing Room.
- A second Changing room (when the ceremony is here) available two hours before your event. See Additional Changing Room.
- Whitlock Inn staff will set-up tables and chairs for your reception according to your unique floorplan design.
- Set-up and clean-up of all catered items, including packaging of any leftover items for wedding party.
- A traditional three-tiered wedding cake, your choice of style and flavor. See example
- Flowers for the cake and cake table. You and the caterer will plan flowers with your colors and favorites in mind. All of the flower arrangements are yours to keep as a reminder of your most special day.
- Professional, uniformed servers and attendants.
- Dishes, silverware, serving pieces.
- Elegant table linens; you are welcome to use the Inn’s hurricane candles on your guest tables.
- Linens in your choice of colors for the food, cake, and beverage tables.
- Flowers for the cake, food and beverage tables for reception menus.
- Elegant Sit Down Dinner (Tier V.) includes flowers for your cake and your seating tables.
- Walkway candles displayed along the entry for evening weddings and receptions. See how this looks.
- An off-duty police officer will be available an hour before and an hour into each event to assist your guests with parking.
Your Dreams Come True. On this web site, you’ll find photographs that show a variety of wedding and reception floor plans that can be recreated or adapted to your specific needs. Our expert wedding planners are happy to work with you to create the wedding and reception of your dreams! See more photographs of The Whitlock Inn wedding & receptions.
Have Your Wedding Ceremony at the Inn. The Inn is available for your wedding ceremony when you hold your reception at the Inn. During the spring, summer and early fall months, the Inn’s Gardens make a lovely setting for wedding ceremonies. There is an additional fee for having your wedding ceremony at the Whitlock Inn, which includes:
- Professional Wedding Director. The Wedding Package includes a Wedding Director who will meet with you three times, once to plan your wedding, next to direct your rehearsal and finally to direct your wedding. More information about our Wedding Director, Janice Burnette.
- Use of the Inn for your rehearsal as well as chairs and chair set-up for your wedding ceremony.
- Guest Seating. The Inn has chairs for up to 250 guests for an outdoor wedding and chairs for up to 160 guests for an indoor wedding.
- If the weather doesn’t cooperate, you may use our ballroom as an alternate site for the ceremony. A tent or canopy may also be rented for your wedding and reception.
- At no extra charge to you, we also have a lovely white arbor that may be used for your wedding, decorative pedestals to display plants or flowers, a unity candle holder as well as outdoor hurricane candles for night time weddings.
- Free use of the Inn’s piano and music stand, chairs for your musicians to use, changing rooms for musicians and other vendors.
We will be happy to give you the names of ministers or officials who can perform your wedding ceremony. We can also recommend excellent florists, superb musicians, professional wedding photographers and others to help you have the perfect wedding. For additional information, see our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Reservation and Security Deposit. For Weddings & Receptions, a $2,000 non-refundable Reservation Deposit is due at contract signing in order to reserve the Inn. The Reservation Deposit will be applied to the cost of your event. A $500.00 Security Deposit is required two weeks before your event and is refundable two weeks after your event. Any loss or damage to the Inn will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
Payment Schedule. For your convenience, you may charge the second payment (due four months before your event) and the third (final) payment (due two weeks before your event). Your Reservation and Security Deposits must be paid in either cash or by check.
Taxes and Gratuity. Georgia sales tax (currently 6%) will be added to your Wedding Package. There is no charge for gratuity.
Alcoholic Beverages. The Whitlock Inn is not licensed to sell alcohol. If you would like to make alcoholic beverages available to your guests, you may provide your own alcohol and our caterers will supply a professional, insured Bartender for alcohol service. You may opt for a limited Wine, Beer and Champagne Service or a Full Bar, Mixed Drinks Service. To help you plan for your event, our caterer has prepared a chart of suggested quantities of alcohol to purchase for events at The Whitlock Inn. For your protection, and ours, we reserve the right to close the bar.
Guests coming to the Whitlock Inn may park in the SunTrust Bank lot adjacent to The Whitlock Inn, except weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, banking hours. Guests may also park at the Historic Anderson Mansion, next door to the Inn. With permission, your guests may also use the First United Methodist Church lot across Whitlock Avenue from The Whitlock Inn. After 6 pm, there is parking around the Marietta Square. An off-duty police officer will be available an hour before and an hour into each event to assist guests with parking.
“The Knot Best of Weddings”
We are so proud to announce that the Whitlock Inn has been rated by local brides and voted the Knot’s Pick for Best of Weddings for 2016. We also won the Best of Weddings Award in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011!
“Couples Choice Award”
WeddingWire Couples Choice Awards represent the top five percent of wedding professionals within the WeddingWire Network who demonstrate excellence in quality, service, responsiveness and professionalism.
We are proud recipients of the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 awards.
“Atlanta Bridal Preferred Vendor”
We are proud to be listed as a preferred vendor with Atlanta Bridal. See our Atlanta Bridal page to read our five-star reviews.
“The Knot Hall of Fame”
We are so proud to announce that the Whitlock Inn has been rated by local brides and voted into The Knot’s Hall of Fame – a new ranking system for 2014!